Sunday, June 7, 2009

A little bit of this...A little bit of that

Over a year ago, my husband registered the company Nola, LLC for me as a Christmas present, so that I could start a company that I had been dreaming about. I wanted to design and sew home, baby, and personal accessories. This was after purchasing a sewing machine. Unfortunately, I have yet to actually launch the business officially. It's a bit on the back burner, for now.

So far, it seems the only thing I have had time to sew are baby shower gifts for friends. My hope is that I will actually begin sewing other things, not just to learn, but to eventually use or sell.

However, this blog isn't just for the things I am making. I am excited to share other stories about my life with our family or other random thoughts that also come to my head.

For now, I wanted to post some of the items that I have created for friends:

This is a blanket that I made for a coworker who was expecting a little girl. While not one of my best creations, I am proud to say that this was the first blanket I made with a continuous binding.

This blanket I made for a dear friend that was expecting a boy. She always loves things clean and simple, so the fabric just seemed perfect for her. I really love the elephant fabric, and even more so, I love the way the red fabric popped against it.

This was a blanket I made for another friend that was also expecting a boy. The bird fabric is a flannel, and the back fabric and binding are products of Amy Butler. I loved how whimsical all of these fabrics are, and even more so, I'm loving bird prints lately. It was really fun to do this one.

Finally, this is a set of burp cloths that I made for a friend at church. She is the only person who had a girl in the last few years, since I started really sewing. So I was excited to get in some pink fabric. I had purchased the fabric a long time ago with anticipation of a girl. And having been on a budge at the time, it was nice to have something around that I could use. Of course, I'm excited to be able to do another girl project soon in anticipation of a friend's expected arrival. I'll post the pictures for hers soon too.



No comments: